Solar-powered electronic lighting connect to an infinite power source – the sun. Solar cells and LED lights save energy, reduce your lighting energy consumption, and perform better in cold conditions.
Quick Solar Facts
- Cordless – no outlets required
- Zero pollution
- Our solar units power advanced LED lighting, which can last up to 50,000 hours before replacement.
Solar Products Tips
- If you purchased a solar unit, it is encased in the bottom of your product.
- Solar products must be placed in direct sunlight for a minimum of 8 hours each day for best results.
- Avoid covered or shady areas, as performance of illumination will diminish from lack of charge.
- Solar products are not for permanent use indoors. The solar unit must receive sunlight to be charged regularly.
KuL RGB lighting option
Call it the romancer-enhancer, the smartier partier or whatever you please, our RGB lighting option auto-changes the hue of your Natural-colored KuL furniture piece from red to green to blue. Set a mood by pausing the RGB unit on whichever color you like–red, green or blue, or keep it constantly changing to keep the party charged.
LED Light Technology
LED (Light Emitting Diodes) lights are energy-efficient and last for many years. They are more efficient, durable, versatile, safer, and last longer than incandescent and fluorescent lighting. They may be a little pricier than old-style incandescent bulbs, but LED lights last a long time, years in fact, up to 50,000 hours, which saves money in the long run. And unlike CFL lights, LEDs contain no mercury, so they are safer and better for the environment.
The price of LED lights will continue to decrease as the technology becomes even more efficient.
LEDs are cooler, running up to 66% cooler that other light types. According to an EnergyCircle experiment, incandescent Halogen bulbs run at 327 degrees, while the LED light ran at just 107 degrees! Talk about energy savings. LEDs are an average of 50-70% more efficient, and are getting even more efficient as the technology continues to develop.
EnergyCircle also reports that converting to LED lights would reduce U.S. energy consumption of lighting, save $53 billion annually, and massively reduce nation-wide energy demand.
Read more about LED lights
Climate mitigation and economic advantages: The Climate Group reports on the rise of LED lights.
ENERGY STAR provides a wealth of information about LED lights: